- Who is the photographer/your model?
and because of a lack of models 24/7, I'm often the model too.
If I'm not, it's in my (Flickr) description
And in case you are wondering:
I take photos of myself because of two things:
1) I don’t have models with me all the time, and I feel awkward asking people to model for me. Because I'm so serious about it and they might not take me seriously. Plus most of my concepts are very personal:
2) I try to portray emotions and stories with my photos, they are concepts in my head and only I know what they need to look like. It's often my emotions, and my stories, so I know what look in my face I need and how to hold my body. It’s damn hard explaining that to a model, trust me. Fun too, but hard.
- What equipment do you use?
Canon EOS RebelXTi (since November 2007)
Canon IXUS 80IS (very very rarely does a photo from that one make it to Flickr)
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens (since May 2008)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens (since May 2010)
Sigma 17-80mm f/2.8-f/4 lens (since May 2011)
tripod (since Christmas 2007)
remote RC-1 (since Christmas 2007)
Canon EOS60D (since October 2011)
Flash: Canon 430ex II (since October 2011)
- What program do you use for editing?
- What hair dye did you use (red hair)?
The brand is Wella, and I'm having it done by the hairdresser.
It' being mixed at the spot, I don't think it's being sold in stores
I didn't bleach my hair, I just dyed it over a color similar to my own (see below)
Red is a color that needs to build up, it's basically impossible to get a bright and deep and lasting red with your first dye. Be patient. And go to a hairdresser.
- How do you keep your (red) color so vibrant/bright/fiery?
But for the sake of it:
- I try to wash it no more than once week (hard in the summer tho).
- I use shampoo for colored hair.
- After a few weeks (depends on how it looks) I use a shampoo for red hair which brightens the color a bit (it has pigment).
- I often wash it with cold water (after I'm done showering, so I wash it warm when I'm short on time)
(cold water makes the...something... of your hair close so that:
1) it will keep the color better
2) your hair will be shiny and pretty)
- What is your natural hair color?
- What is the blue background in some of your photos?
- How do you pronounce your name?